Saturday, August 22, 2009

[Animation] Sk8er Boi animated mtv (PV)


After showing all the characters in illustration, I would like to present you the animation piece.

H.M.Remi's Animated Sk8er Boi MTV (PV) is a self direction project of one of my subjects. Avril Lavigne's Sk8er Boi has been my beloved song since I was in junior high. Yet, back then I didn't wholely understand the lyrics (English is not my first language) and the meaning behind the story (was too young~~~). However, I like the rhythm and the story I hardly understood in the song. Therefore, I have been hoping to visulize this story story through animation for a long long time!!! The thing was that I didn't have the skill......

But now, I have the skill and I can do it!! Yeah!!! I am really a dream executant XD!!!!! I researched on youtube and discovered that there have been already many people animated the story which made me feel a bit frustrated for a moment (I wanted to be originally and the first one to do that!!) But I understood that if I let this chance go, I may not have another to make this dream which last for 7 years come true. So, in order to make it more original, I decided to apply the traditional Chinese painting style as the style of my piece and give the characters new personalities which would be more Asian (I target this MTV to be broadcasted in Asia, e.g. Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, China and South-east Asia).

To understand the Sk8er Boi's characters more, please refer to the former posts. Hope you enjoy it ^^

No comments: